The Graduate Diploma in Business and Enterprise is open to students who have completed an undergraduate degree or diploma and wish to hone their business skills in a supportive and creative learning environment.
Study business and entrepreneurial skills with a focus on new ventures and innovation. Our Graduate Diploma in Business and Enterprise is designed to deliver the essential skills and tools you need to succeed in your chosen field.
- Awards:Graduate Diploma in Business & Enterprise
- Location:Auckland, New Zealand
- Method of Study:Full time
- Holiday Duration:7 - 10 weeks depending on intake
- Teaching Duration:32 weeks
- Start Date:7 February 2017
- End Date:30 October 2017
- Dates:Multiple intakes per year
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$5,850
- Student Service Fee:$230
- International Fee (2017):
Full fee breakdown click here
The Graduate Diploma in Business and Enterprise (GDBE) programme will challenge and inspire you to take control of your learning and enhance your business acumen. It will teach you how to think creatively, identify risk and potential gain, and effectively communicate your message. Topics include:
Strategic planning for new business
Determine the values, beliefs and vision for a new business. Develop and write a strategic plan.
Marketing and communications for new business
Design and implement a marketing plan relevant to a new business.
Innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship
Apply practical tools that aid the creative process and use innovation to harness entrepreneurship.
Develop specialist skills in applied research methods as they relate to business.
Put theory into practice and apply your skills in industry, with hands-on real-world work experience through an internship or an applied project.
- Strategic Planning for New Business
- Marketing and Communication
- Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
- Applied Research
- Work-based Learning
- Business and New Venture Development
- Event Management
- This Graduate Diploma is open to students who have successfully completed an under-graduate degree; or a Diploma at Level 5 or 6 who can demonstrate substantial practical experience at the programme leaders discretion.
- Special entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme. Please contact the Programme Leader for details
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5
If you want to study in New Zealand at Tai Poutini Polytechnic, you may need a student visa.
Everyone who comes to study in New Zealand from overseas must meet certain rules and requirements. If you are coming to New Zealand to study for more than three months, you will need a student visa.
By visiting the Immigration New Zealand website you can find out whether you need a visa, whether you'll qualify, and what a student visa will allow you to do. The website also has information on how to start the application process – apply for a new visa, apply for a further visa, or change the conditions of your visa.